- 12 - 16 asparagus spears
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 toothpick dip or swirl (to taste) lemon essential oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Was asparagus spears, chop off ends, and place on baking sheet, preferably stone.
- Add lemon essential oil to olive oil and mix well.
- Drizzle over asparagus spears, place asparagus on pan, rub in oil until pan and spears are evenly coated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil on high for 5 - 6 minutes on the middle oven rack.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over spears and broil 1 - 2 minutes longer till cheese is melted. Serve.
1 toothpick dip = dip a toothpick into the essential oil and dip it once into the recipe.
1 toothpick swirl = dip a toothpick into the essential oil and swirl it around in the recipe.