- 1 19 oz can no-salt added canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (2 cups of chickpeas)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- Optional add ins: chopped avocado, chopped parsley, white beans instead of chickpeas, corn
For the Citrus Dressing
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado oil or olive oil)
- 3 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 packet stevia (or 1 tablespoon honey)
- salt & pepper to taste *optional
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Thaw frozen peas by putting in a small bowl, put enough water in to cover the peas. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes until hot and thawed. Drain. Add into the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Chop the onion and slice the tomatoes and add to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Then, to make dressing, whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over chickpea mixture and serve, or chill in the fridge.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yield: 4 cups