- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet pepper, diced or sliced into strips
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in small chunks
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 small heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 drop ginger essential oil
- 1 drop lemongrass essential oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, divided
- 2 cans coconut milk (minus 1 cup for rice)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 - 5 carrots, peeled and diced
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and 1 tablespoon curry powder. Stir occasionally and cook for 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is half cooked.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, make the sauce. In a small bowl, mix together coconut milk, chicken broth, tomato paste, Garam Masala, 1 tablespoon curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the carrots and onion, and continue to sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and sweet pepper, and continue to sauté for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to the slow cooker. Add chicken, celery, broccoli, and prepared sauce. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 2 - 3 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft, stir in essential oils, and serve over rice.
Note: If sauce is too runny, mix together 6 tablespoons water and 4 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder in a small bowl, and then stir into curry.